One of the beautiful early-1200s stained glass windows of Chartres Cathedral in France. Shown above is the month of February, symbolized by a man warming up by the fire, in the Zodiac Window. So far I've managed to caption, crop and publish 210 photos of the windows, with many more left to do. I've also recently added a special section with a plan of the main windows and detailed guides to nine windows, including the famous Blue Virgin Window and the interesting Thomas Becket Window.
Sixth-century ceiling mosaic of the Baptism of Christ in the Arian Baptistery in Ravenna, Italy. Can you guess who that guy is on the left?? The answer can be found in the photo gallery.
Detail of a 6th-century Byzantine mosaic at Sant'Apollinare in Classe, also in Ravenna. Learn more in the article or go straight to the fully-captioned photo gallery.
A dark-complexioned Christ in the apse mosaic of Santi Cosma e Damiano, a 6th-century church in the Imperial Forum in Rome. The photos are from our 2006 trip before we had very good lenses, but I've used some newly-acquired Photoshop skills to improve them as best I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment