Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New City Pages, Plus Hildesheim and St. Cecilia

I've started to upgrade the layout of the city pages on Sacred Destinations. This will be a long-term project that I won't do all at once, but so far Ephesus and Rome are available for your perusal:

www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome
www.sacred-destinations.com/turkey/ephesus

Hope you like it! Let me know if you don't. Comments are always welcome.

And there are a couple new articles and photo galleries available:

IMG_2864
The wonderfully Romanesque, 11th-century, double-ended, Church of St. Michael in Hildesheim.

xti_9381
Santa Cecilia in Trastevere, Rome, which has a really interesting statue of the saint's incorrupt body and a nice 9th-century apse mosaic.

As you can see, we didn't have very good weather when we visited either of these! That's what we get for traveling in the winter.

2 comments:

Constance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Constance said...

Just found your blog, and I love what I am seeing here on its pages so far !
I will be in England next April, and I am sure your pictures and the places you show will encourage me to visit some that I otherwsie might have missed !
Le Manoir Aux Quat Saisons is on my list, for the food as well :)